The Castine Historical Society actively collects photographs, papers, maps, memorabilia and objects to document the history of Castine and the Bagaduce River area. If you would like to donate an item to add to this history, we would love to hear from you. Either we will add your material to the collection or suggest a more appropriate institution for you to contact.
Highlights on our wish list include:
- Material relating to the local impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, particularly material from 2020-2021. For more information see our Covid-19 collecting project page.
- Primary source items such as photographs, letters, diaries, account books, maps, memorabilia, paintings, audio and video recordings, and artifacts
- Documentation of current local events (for example, digital photos of 4th of July Parades, graduation programs for the Adams School and video recordings of the Town Band)
- Copies of your research (for example, genealogy files, transcripts of letters in your own family history and the title search for your home)
- News about primary sources or objects related to the Castine area (for example, a logbook in the British Library, a steamboat model in a Camden restaurant, or a map up for auction)
Please note that the Castine Historical Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, so your donations are tax deductible.
If you have any questions or would like to donate an item to our collection, please contact us at (207) 326-4118 or email our Curator, Jules Thomson, at email@example.com.
Click here to download a copy of our deed of gift form.