The Castine Historical Society relies on the energy and dedication of dozens of year-round and seasonal volunteers to support our mission, carry out community-based programs, and provide access to our extensive collections and archives. Whether you have a couple of hours a month or a lot of time to dedicate, we encourage you to join us!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Serving as docents for seasonal exhibits in the Abbott School exhibition space and staffing the Gift Shop
- Assisting the Curator in organizing and cataloging the collections and responding to research requests
- Joining the Exhibit Committee in researching and producing seasonal exhibits
- Leading walking tours of historic Castine
- Supporting special events, such as House & Garden Tours
- Documenting current events through photography, audio/video recording and monitoring press articles
For more information on how you can become involved with the Castine Historical Society as a volunteer, call 207-326-4118 or email email@example.com.
Were you a docent in 2019? Please fill out our survey by clicking HERE.