The following airports serve the Castine Area:
- Bangor International Airport (BGR), 36 miles from the Castine Area
- The Hancock County Bar Harbor Airport (BHB), 22 miles from the Castine Area
- Knox County Regional Airport (RKD), 66 miles from the Castine Area
- Augusta State Airport (AUG), 82 miles from the Castine Area
- Portland International Jetport (PWM), 140 miles from the Castine Area
From Blue Hill
Take Route 177 from downtown Blue Hill. Follow to South Penobscot. Take a right onto 175. 175 turns into 199 in Penobscot. Follow Route 199 along the water and up the hill where it dead ends. Turn left onto route 166 and follow for three miles. As you near Castine go past the body of water on your left and up a hill into Castine village.
From Bar Harbor
Follow signs to Route 1 South through Ellsworth. About 18 miles from downtown Ellsworth, turn left on Route 166. Follow directions from Bucksport below.
From Points South and West
From Bangor and points South and West follow route 15 to Bucksport. From Camden area, follow route 1 North to Bucksport. Once in Bucksport turn right (one mile past McDonald’s) onto Route 166. Follow Route 166 to Castine.
Castine Harbor (44°23’N 68°48’W), at the entrance to the Bagaduce River, has ample depth and is easily entered. Dyce Head Light, 134 feet above the water, is on the north side of the entrance to the river. Pass close to the fairway bell buoy on either side and, keeping a reasonable distance offshore and south of the buoy marking Otter Rock Shoal, steer into the harbor on a midchannel course. For information on docking, please click here.