The Castine area has a number of things to do, both before and after the House and Garden Tour. Come for the day and stay for the weekend! Things to do include:
- House and Garden Tour host, the Castine Historical Society, has multiple free exhibits to see in while you’re visiting. Learn more about our 2022 exhibition, “Clark Fitz-Gerald: Castine’s Celebrated Sculptor-in-Residence” here. Also visit our unique gift shop for quality merchandise for including home goods, clothing, and books.
- Visit the Wilson Museum on Perkins Street
- Walk around Dyce’s Head Lighthouse
- Take the Castine Virtual Tour
- Take a tour on the harbor and see Castine from the water! Book a tour on Lil’ Toot with Castine Harbor Tours.
- Why not stay for several days? You can get a full listing of all the restaurants, hotels, and businesses in Castine by visiting the Town of Castine website.
- Plan to attend the Camden Garden Club’s Garden Tour, Thursday, July 21, 9:30 am – 4 pm! The Camden Garden Club held its first Tour in 1948 with ten sites visited by about 500 people. Funds raised by the annual Tour ensures that the Camden Garden Club will be able to continue its mission to provide public gardens, horticultural programming and educational scholarships. Preparations for this year’s tour are well underway. Since its beginning, this major fundraising event has been the highlight of the Camden summer season. Tickets are $40.00. For more information, go to: CamdenGardenClub.org.